|TETRA, the world's largest producer of calcium chloride, supplies products suitable for use in the agricultural industry.
All of these products contain 100% water soluble calcium, which gives our customers a tremendous advantage over those using much less soluble calcium sources such as gypsum and limestone.
The products are used:
- As a nutrient to supply calcium for crops, alone or in a blend of other nutrients
- As a soil amendment to reduce sodium levels, improve soil tilth and flocculate the soil, and
- As a post harvest dip to increase the shelf life of fruits and vegetables.
- As a manure additive to reduce ammonia evaporation by decreasing the pH
- As an acidifying salt for reducing DCAB in feed to prevent milk fever
- As an ingredient in drinking water for chickens, where calcium supports the development of bones and shell and to reduce heat stress by improving the mineral/salt balance.
Calcium as a Nutrient
Calcium is necessary to the growth and development of all plant life. Only nitrogen and potassium are required in larger amounts by plants.
The following links will give you a brief overview of calcium's important role in the growth of plants.